Friday, April 15, 2016

Oh how I love being a NURSE!

by Rachel

IMG_2026

I had the opportunity this week to serve at Cure Hospital and meet their great staff.  I am very thankful for the chance to interact with patients, assist the staff and bring a smile to these faces.

Katie and INurse Rachel & Nurse Kate

I worked with these lovely ladies who are commited to following Christ and helping those in need. After the morning nurse’s report there is morning chapel for a half hour.  So neat to sing praises to our God in the work place and to be challenged by the word of God.   What a great way to start your day in prayer with your co-workers.IMG_1995

The first day I worked on the orthopedic-pediatric wing.

IMG_1999
Little boy snuggling his mom, healing from surgery the day prior.

These parents travel many miles, some even have to fly to receive care. Parents stay with their children on the beds right beside them.

IMG_2000

The second day I worked with orthopedic adult patients.  I was blessed by  this lady who, in her pain, gave God praise for the staff and the care she is receiving.

 IMG_2038

Also, on the second day that I volunteered, the Lord led me to reunite and pray with some dear friends from Naomi’s Village. Even though I was on assigned to the adult wing, “it just so happened” I found them while looking for a needed item from the supply room.  Unfortunately, Joshua broke his arm playing soccer. It was really great to seem them both again.

IMG_2033

IMG_2028

This little girl just wanted her picture taken with her mom and me. Each one of us needs to feel important!

IMG_2035

2 comments: